Wednesday, August 20, 2008

mission accomplished

Having maintained 178 pounds (my goal) for a couple days, I’m now off my diet. I think the diet was just like a race – it took a while (about 5 weeks) before I got into a rhythm and everything went a lot smoother then. So ends my fourth diet over the years that once saw my weight pushing 230 pounds! I still have a tube of 3 or 4 inches of pure fat around my waist, so there’s plenty more to go – maybe next summer . . .

Yesterday I debated on whether to run in the morning or meet at the track in the evening with my local running club & do some intervals. I needed to have a speed work before attempting to jumpstart my post-diet training with a 5k or 10k this weekend. I wanted to try out the newly resurfaced rubberized track too so I opted to skip the morning workout. But when 6:30 pm rolled around, it was 89 degrees! It wasn’t that humid, but in the sun with no shade around -- it would be pretty hot. Having been inside with the A/C and on my feet all day, I just couldn’t get myself out there. I would much rather do workouts in the mornings when I have more energy. More 90+ temps this week so it looks like it’s back indoors at the gym.

No comments: