Monday, January 23, 2012

Mystery Diagnosis - episode #?

After 10 days at the Mayo Clinic, I'm back home being no closer to a diagnosis than before -- a major disappointment to say the least. They could only recommend various treatments for the symptoms of this unknown malady. I am feeling better now with the treatments I'm receiving, although masking pain is something I've always tried to avoid before.

I have more to write about my health than running, so I'm going to hold off posting again until I can reverse that. I plan to be at Louisville's Lovin' The Hills (LLTH) contributing in some form or fashion next month.

Later !?

3 comments:

Chris Ⓥ said...

Ed,

Sorry to hear you don't have a better diagnosis and treatment plan. Hang in there and volunteer at races for now. You'll be back hiking and running.

ultracassie said...

Ed,

Sorry to hear this outcome. For many years my mom was sick, and the doctors couldn't figure out why. Some of them even acted like it was all in her mind. Turned out she was diabetic, and her blood sugar was extremely high. (20 years ago, they didn't test for it often like they do now.)

Keep trying and stay strong! My prayers are with you.

Cassie

ed said...

Thanks Chris! Wish I had your perseverance & determination to keep blogging & streaking -- can you loan me some? I've been feeling better lately (knock on wood) & have gotten back out on the trails.


Thanks Cassie! I've had the same experience with the Drs. as your mom. I haven't given up yet, although I feel if there's ever going to be a diagnosis, I'm going to have to figure it out myself, or it's just going to have to work itself out on it's own. Look forward to hearing about your upcoming adventures!